1. Apply Online. An application fee of $65 (non-refundable) must accompany the application. Pay online through the online application or submit a check payable to Biola Univeristy.
2. Request Official Transcripts. Request official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. If enrolled at the time application is filed, be sure to request transcripts of work finished to date and final transcripts upon completion of your course of study. Transcripts must be official, that is, mailed directly from your college or university in a sealed envelope or sent electronically through the National Student Clearinghouse. Send to: Biola University Office of Graduate Admissions, 13800 Biola Avenue, La Mirada, CA 90638. Final approval for admission is contingent on receiving an official transcipt.
3. Submit references as indicated in your online application.
4. Complete essays as indicated in the application.
5. Submit general GRE scores. On the old scoring scale, the average GRE score is around 1150 for Psy.D. students and 1250 for Ph.D. students. Competitive scores based on the score scale for the revised GRE are 302 for Psy.D. students and 308 for Ph.D. students. Students are not required to take the GRE subject test in psychology.
6. Track your application status at any time. You do not have to complete the application in one sitting. You can complete a portion and finish at a later time. Your information will be saved. You will be asked to create a user name and a password when you apply to guarantee confidentiality and you will receive a personalized identification number. Track your application status by logging in here.
*Note: There are additional requirements for international students.
Your application will be carefully studied. If considered to be potentially acceptable, your application will be put in a group to be interviewed and ranked by the end of March. At that time we will offer a limited number of acceptances to the highest-ranking applicants. A limited number of applicants will be placed on a wait list for each program. When there are no further chances of acceptance, all applicants will be notified.
November 1: Early Action Deadline ($65 application fee waived)
December 1: Regular Deadline
*Interviews will take place in February and decisions will be made by March